Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tasting Menu for a Summer Day

Morning was breaking, and the sun was still low in the sky. But when I went out to the deck yesterday, the warmth that pierced me to my bones told me that the day would be a scorcher. The night before, forewarned by weather forecasts, I'd roasted a chicken and boiled some eggs. My friends were coming over for dinner, but the fridge was filled with snippets of this and that, hardly enough of any one thing to make a meal. How about a tasting menu, my friend suggested. Of course. And I wouldn't even have to go to the store, just out the kitchen door to my mini-garden.

Tasting Menu for a Summer Day


Organic Strawberry and Zephrine Drouhin Rose Petal Lemonade

Garlic Crackers and Lemon Butter,
strewn with Freshly Picked Chive Flowers

Eggs stuffed with homemade herb mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes and capers

Roast Chicken with homemade, jellied demi-glace dice and Raspberry Dijon Mustard

Red Butter Lettuce, Farmer's Market Tomatoes and Marinated olives

Curaçao Crepes with Cognac-infused Nectarines, Blueberries and Crème Chantilly

Choice of
Chilled Moroccan Mint Tea
Or
Goji Berry, Lychee and Rose Blossom Tea

1 comment: