Saturday, June 25, 2011

Strawberries and Roses, a Pavlova variation

My nice neighbors were clearly shocked when I told them I grew my Zepherine Drouhin roses so I could eat them. Last year I put them in lemonade; this year, they topped the Pavlova I took to a chef's gathering, eliciting many oohs and aahs from this presumably jaundiced group!
So...go back to the earlier post and make your Pavlova and Chantilly cream. Then use only the smallest (which are the sweetest) strawberries from your garden or the farmer's market -- or the grocery store if you must, and gleefully toss them on top of the gently whipped cream. Next, take one unsprayed, preferably highly scented, rose blossom and pull off the petals and scatter them over and around the Pavlova. Or, if this puts you in a romantic mood, skip the Pavlova and just scatter the petals on your cool, immaculate bed! Then jump in! At any rate, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment